Wednesday, May 28, 2014

While we are at it, let's practise.

One wise man once told me : don't write, talk. Being quite inept at conversations, with a history of stage fright and blunders while reading poetry or even opening my mouth in front of large gatherings of people, this was indeed a challenge. It continues to be so. When I write here, I don't pretend to talk to anyone. I don 't have a target audience, I don't have a brief. I just vomit. I do so because for me, this is coping mechanism. Or a journal of sorts, you can say. This is an album or a scrapbook, where I store certain memories, thoughts, people & lines. Sometimes, I craft. I craft after the vomit is over. Mostly, I don't. Does that make me a bad writer?

You might say I am not confident enough, you might say brevity fails me every time, you might say I can't tell a story, you might say I can't sell a product because I can't talk. 
 
Death of a salesman, or death of yet another writer, I wonder.

.........

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my god! That was beautiful! I just read this over and over again <3

P i x i e said...

The last line.

little boxes said...

keep writing.
that's the only life we know and have come to love.

AngularJS Dev said...

Last line is really good, keep going :)