Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Constant state of conflict. Unnecessary, often.

I was packing yesterday. Started putting things higgledy piggledy into the new, bright red suitcase. Then flattened them out, neatly folding cushion covers into perfect triangles. It's not sinking in that I'll be leaving home in two weeks. I used to be really really excited about the prospect, but I know I'm going to miss Ma, Baba, Didu, Radhe terribly. My days of pampering are over.
I'll miss a best friend from school because she has been there through thick and thin. I knew I could always always fall back on her. She has never ever given up on me, she has never judged me. She has loved me, bickered with me, but been with me. I can never thank you enough Gapuch, I hope you know how special you are.
You know what, if this starts sinking in now,and if I start over thinking, I'm going to end up miserably depressed.
Let's be positive: I have so many things to look forward to, so many things to learn, so many places to explore, so many new things to do! Plus loved people will be around! I just  hope they love me all the same.

4 comments:

R said...

aw. it'll be okay, it'll be good. scary, but in a Good way. you never stop missing the people, but bombay is not that far off. and it's equal parts awesome and pain-in-the-ass having to be completely independent.

cbo said...

Just stopped by your blog; Hope you don't mind the "intrusion" :)
I want to wish you good luck :D
Don't be depressed ;)

Choi said...

@Riddhi : Thank you. Means a lot. :)I know, I am apprehensive, but in a good way. Mostly will miss my room, my parents and granny, the tree outside my window. =(

@catiaht92: Hey, of course I don't mind! I am glad people read this nonsense! And thanks. =)

R said...

Oh man, that's true. I appreciate my family SO much more since coming here. It takes about 2 weeks of me being back home for us to realize exactly how insane we drive each other :p
But I miss Cal, in particular. Just the feel of it. What you will not like- laundry, having to clean everything including the toilet, and having to cook/buy food for yourself every single time. Bombay though- will be an adventure =)