Monday, May 23, 2016

How would you ever win me back,
when you never really tried? 

You clearly didn’t care,
you left me here to break

Just like you intended to.

You were never ready for sane dialogue.

All you could do was shift the blame.
All you could do was forget everything we stood for.
All you could do was embrace your new found joys, your old best friend
All you could do was discard us 
All you could do was hurt
All you could do was sweep everything under the rug 
and slash me across my face with your words.

I wish there was some way to erase our memories
because everything reminds me of you.

from my dreaded hair to the rickshaw ride to work to the road to home to the lost smell of you on my mattress to our little baby cat so forlorn so true and our playtime and our sleeptime with my hands always curled around your cock for comfort

Don’t give me excuses because you were so afraid - to sit down and share the love, take out the knots, the irrevocable losses we have had with our special place. 

I feel like a fool for building my world around you. 
You’ll not let me be even when I let you go. 

You must be happy now.


No comments: