Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

There's nothing more to do really. 
Lucy left, with her particular quips, her giggles and her baton. It seems to me that the parting has mellowed the memories of her, with her. 
I'll miss Lucy. 
She told me how important it was to be independent & self-sufficient. 
She had been my mother when I needed a mother more than ever. Mine was distant, in more ways than one at that juncture. 
Lucy had a really bright laugh. And, she could take problems on head-on, and always find a solution. 
She always wanted to do things. She wanted to create, she wanted to store, she wanted everything to look gorgeous. She was young, childish yet really mature.
She told me that there is nothing to be/feel helpless about.  She made me believe that happiness is not illusory, not really. She made me chocolate milk at 2 AM, and helped me pick up my broken pieces. 
She loved me in her own special way, and I know that. 
Lucy was brave, she was braver than most of us put together.

It was a deep affection that ran between you and me, despite the undercurrent of foolish irritability. 
You told me I could write even when I was absolutely certain I couldn't. 
I'm sorry if I have been stupidly stubborn and snapped at you. You knew. 

Big hug. 

Stay//

2 comments:

WritingsForLife said...

Aww, I am sorry for your loss. But I am glad that you had someone so beautiful in your life. When it all ends, that's what really matters.

sreerag said...

454545